The 29-year-old has three years remaining on his contract and does not want to leave

Zinedine Zidane admits he sent Gareth Bale a message after excluding him from the Real Madrid for a second successive weekend.

Bale is nearing the Bernabeu exit door following a fallout with the Real Madrid boss, who returned as manager in March.

The Welshman looks to have played his final game for the club and Zidane has offered him no assurances over his future.

‘I do not know, we’ll see if he’ll be next week, he’s fine physically’, he said when asked about Bale’s absence from the 3-1 defeat by Real Sociedad on Sunday.

‘It’s very clear what I’ve done this weekend, we’ll see what I do next week and what happens next year’, he added.

It comes after a meeting between the pair last week at their Valdebebas training ground.

The 29-year-old was told he was not in the French coach’s plans despite his desire to stay.

Spanish outlet AS reported that the relationship between Zidane and Bale is ‘past the point of repair.’ 

Bale’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, said after he was dropped for the trip to Sociedad: ‘It’s a shame Bale is not playing. 

‘Should he be playing more after being left out of the last two squad lists? I can only hope that he keeps playing for Real Madrid. But that’s up to Mr Zidane.’

The two fell out last season when Bale finished the season strongly but was left out of the Champions League final against Liverpool. 

Bale, though, has no intention of leaving this summer and wants to see out the three years remaining on his contract. 

LEAVE A REPLY